Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Windows 8 and the Blank Laptop LCD Screen issue

I recently installed the leaked Windows 8 RTM, to try it out before I purchase (and I will most definitely buy it as it cost only 15$ for the upgrade).
I have worked on the Windows 8 for 2 days now, and I think "THIS IS IT!". Windows 8 is one of the most amazing and an innovative platform of OS' that Microsoft has ever released. It's blazing FAST, beautiful and easy to use. I know that the first time users will find it a little difficult to get used to the new style of Navigation, but 2 days in and you'll love everything about Windows.

Blank LCD/Screen issue on loading Windows 8:
Many of you might be facing this issue - after Windows 8 completes loading, you will see a blank screen instead of the Login Screen. When I connect the laptop to an external LCD monitor, it works fine. But the Laptop's LCD just wont!

I tried a lot of tricks to fix it, but this is what clicked at the end:

1. Put your laptop into Sleep Mode by pressing the Power Button once or you can just close the lid of your laptop. 

2. Wake your Laptop from the Sleep Mode by pressing the Power Button again or opening the LCD lid. 

Woola... I can see my screen now!

I had to do this 2-3 times, and after that I have rebooted, or hard reset my laptop many times without facing the Blank LCD issue.

Let me know if you faced this issue and if the above trick helped you.

3 comments:

  1. Yes it works! thanks man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't work on Dell n5110 core i3 2100m ,8gb ram , 500gb hdd :/ !

    ReplyDelete